Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The River or Creek (or whatever you want to call it)

When we moved to Texas we decided we wanted to enjoy as much as we could. We found a small river or creek about 20 mins away. The kids and I had gone one afternoon with some women from church and wanted to bring dad to see what we found.



The kids had a great time fishing for tadpoles and exploring the new area. Johnathan found a crawfish and felt it very important that I share in the find.


Joshua and Jeff spent time building a dam. The water flow was in a constant direction but they thought it would be fun to change the direction of the water. We are looking forward to our return to see the change.



Landon had a great time. He loved throwing the rocks and just sitting in the water. He is in his element being outside.



9 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! The kids are getting so big, it is great to see pictures of you guys. Congrats on becoming a blogger, I'm still figuring it out too.:)

The Johnstun Family said...

I think your blog is so cute. I can't believe you held that ugly looking thing. I would be so scared. Well I cant wait for you to post pictures of your house.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Ha, I found your blog! I went to school to learn how to be a hacker so don't be suprised. Your house is HUGE! Landon is getting so big. We went Jen's pool the other day and I kept waiting for you to show up. We miss you!

Dahle Family said...

you are such a good mom. not only did you hold that ugly thing, but you let them put it on you. I guess you have to get use to things when you have all boys. Your family is just so cute.

kylee said...

Hey Krishawn! I'm so glad to see your blog! I was just looking at Brent and Julie's and saw your link! It looks like you guys are doing great.
By the way, I love your house!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am beyond proud!! I am so excited you finally started a blog!! You guys are living in a mansion!! I love all the pictures keep them coming!!

I also cannot believe you let that thing crawl on you!!!!

Laura said...

Hey, welcome to the blogosphere! Nice to see that you're doing well. Umm, you have something on your shoulder...

Niki said...

I agree with everyone - you are the BEST mom for letting the crayfish sit on your shoulder! And your house is awesome!

Heather said...

I looked up creek and river in the dictionary one day to see what the difference was and I can't remember now what the definition was and even after looking it up I still had no idea which the Salado creek/river was.